Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Good, The Bad and (Possibly) The Ugly

I got up this morning feeling decidedly depressed.

Having worked out hard on Wii Sports and WiiFit last weekend and pulling a muscle, I'd decided to give it a rest for a few days but to try and maintain a healthy and balanced diet until I was able to bend and stretch again. I was extremely good during the day yesterday but then things went a little awry. I finished work at around 5.15 and my partner reminded me we had some post that needed sending. As our post box is in the centre of the village, we took the lazy man's route - got in the car rather than take a 40 minute walk. Unfortunately the local fish & chip shop is immediately opposite the post box and essence of hot fat tickled our taste buds and we found ourselves strangely drawn over the threshold!!

So, I woke up this morning feeling very down at heel. I then settled myself at my PC ready for a deluge of work but nothing seemed to filter through so not only had we spent £9 on a very unhealthy meal last night to undo all the hard work we'd done on the Wii over the weekend, I hardly earned enough to replenish the piggy bank during the morning.

Then things took a turn for the better! First of all I got a whole load of work in after lunch from one of my favourite clients, and then I received an email from a newly formed independent TV company that makes historical crime docu-dramas - Archive TV - who are interested in promoting some of my recently published articles.

I already have visions of Martin Shaw, Stephen Fry and Amanda Holden being cast as characters in TV productions of my local history articles as all three have bases in Norfolk, but knowing my luck I'll end up with Russell Brand, Ronnie Corbett and Vanessa Feltz!!

Maybe there is some being out there in the wide blue yonder watching us - the boost I got this afternoon far outweighed the gloom that started off my day.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jax
    Never beat yourself up simply because you enjoyed some good honest food - there is nothing wrong with fresh fish and chips (so long as the oil is clean). The fish will help your brain and the chips will give you much needed energy - and in moderation they are not fattening.

    Next time just take the time for a brisk walk after supper to aid the digestion - you will sleep much better.

    Good luck with the history project - (thank you for the feedback on my site) - and be happy if they do get you Russell Brand, Ronnie Corbett and Vanessa Feltz since they would make such a fascinatingly unpredictable combination that your ratings would probably go stellar.

    Blessings
    Father Ignatius

    ReplyDelete