Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All in a day's work

Thanks to the downturn in the property market I've now been sucked into this blogging lark! I'm normally sitting here at home busily typing up surveyors' reports or estate agents' particulars but as there's less work out there at the moment, I've taken up writing articles just to pass the time and that's somehow led me to start up a blog.

I love writing articles for publishing on Triond - http://www.triond.com/users/jackie118 and my real passion is history, in particular the more gory side of it; true crime/murder tales and true ghost stories are right up my alley.

At the grand old age of 49 I suspect I'm not going to get a huge 'following' of fellow bloggers but hopefully those of you who do find me will enjoy reading some of my articles and get a laugh out of some of my daily incidents.

I'm currently researching for my next article (my most gory one yet!) but, in order to take a break from my keyboard, I've been WiiFitting!! My partner, Adam, and I invested in a Nintendo Wii a couple of weeks ago and it duly arrived the middle of last week. Adam set it up and we spent a couple of evenings completely engrossed in Wii Sports. In fact, it instantly became an addiction. Adam was supposed to cook dinner but, come 8.00, we still hadn't eaten so we quickly switched on the oven and threw a pizza in for 20 minutes. Two rounds of golf later, which took us about 40 minutes, we remembered to take the pizza out - not quite burnt to a cinder but pretty close! We hurriedly slung that down our necks and did a bit of ten pin bowling and suddenly, lo and behold, it had gone midnight!

Over the weekend we WiiFit up and running. We both set up our fitness regime. Adam's fitness age was calculated at 49 years - bit of a bummer as he's 51! Mine came out at a very disappointing age of 52 which was a bit demoralising as I'm only 48!!! But following a good workout - yoga, followed by aerobics, followed by numerous games of tennis I finally ended up with a fitness age of 49. Not exactly what I wanted as I was hoping to drop at least another year off that to at least bring me into line with my true age, but then again, as I'd pulled a muscle in my bum and my back due to all the running around I suppose it wasn't too bad. Needless to say I'm taking it a little easier for a couple of days before I go for it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment